Systems interfacing with SC
There are various ways to use SC with other applications. By sending [Open Sound Control OSC] network messages to the SC Server one can control sound processes from other clients.
To send osc messages from the shell (terminal) see sendOSC.
Clients Using SC Server
- A squeak OSC-Client by Marcus Gälli, which works with SC: OSC-Client
- Alex McLean’s article “Hacking Perl in Nightclubs”
- SCIMP, an SC Server library for Impromptu (Scheme) Impromptu Libraries
- Albert Graef lets his Q functional programming language for multimedia applications talk specially to SC3 through OSC: http://q-lang.sourceforge.net/
- JCollider duplicates some of SCLang’s client side representation classes to simplify the building of Java based clients (project is beta state): http://www.sciss.de/jcollider
- See documentation: http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/cm2/doc/dict/supercollider-topic.html
- Scala provides type safety, and at the same time offers compactness that makes UGen graph creation look very close to their sclang equivalents. http://github.com/Sciss/ScalaCollider
- Lua2SC is a Lua client with ide, debugging…
- Sonic Pi is a very popular live coding synth with SuperCollider as a server.
- scvim VIM scripts for supercollider
- Emacs - sc.el is included with the standard SuperCollider distribution
- Supercollider Atom Super Collider IDE for Atom
- Sublime Text Sublime Text
- supercollider-tmbundle TextMate
- sced a gedit plugin
- scate a Kate plugin
- scfront a Tcl/Tk frontend
- SwingOSC is an OpenSoundControl (OSC) server intended for scripting Java. It was written before SC had cross-platform unification of GUI, and is now no longer maintained.
- SCUM is an OpenSoundControl (OSC) GUI server based on FLTK.
- faust a functional language for real-time audio processing, which can compile DSP expressions to C++ SuperCollider plugin code (as well as to other formats).
- OpenObject a quark for easily controlling synths with external applications (like Max, Pure Data, Processing, or openFrameworks) using OSC
- OctaveSC a class to interface with the free powerful math package GNU Octave (GNU clone of MATLAB).
- vst2osc: sending osc messages from any VST-compatible application
- SuperColliderAU: AudioUnits wrapper for scsynth, now part of SuperCollider.
- javaosc a library for talking the Open Sound Control (OSC) protocol in Java.
- communication from Cocoa with sc http://www.illposed.com/software/objcosc.html
- a java based system for creation of spatialisation data: http://sourceforge.net/projects/meloncillo/
- a java based sound editor using scsynth: http://www.sciss.de/eisenkraut
- a soundfile segmentor that comes with supercollider classes: Meapsoft
- open sound control library for lisp cl-osc