This is old news by now, but please bear with us – we forgot to update this website for the past few 3.7.x releases!
- 3.7.0 was released on 2016-03-13
- 3.7.1 was released on 2016-04-10
- 3.7.2 was released on 2016-06-03
Head to the Downloads page to get 3.7.2.
3.7 is special since it marks our first release in a few years (not counting some prereleases in 2015). It’s also significant since from here on, we’ll be picking up the speed of 3.x versions. 3.8 is only a month or so away as of this writing.
3.7 can coexist with 3.6.6 and other SC versions. We recommend you backup your
sc_ide_conf.yaml - settings from 3.6.6 should be forwards compatible, but using a 3.7 settings file in 3.6.6 may experience problems. This can be found in the user support folder (File > ‘Open user support directory’).
Major changes since 3.6.6
- Cross-platform HID support using HIDAPI
- A new Quarks package management system which supports installing packages from Git or from local folders.
- JITlib has seen significant refactoring and new functionality (see the “JITLib Changes in 3.7” help file)
- IDE editor themes can now be saved/loaded.
- Many enhancements to IDE autocomplete, introspection, and workflow improvements.
- A new Download class, for easy http file download.
- GUI redirects have been removed, Qt is now the core UI toolkit in sclang
- The Image class has been resurrected.
- The Document class has been resurrected, allowing sclang interaction with IDE documents.